What is Oracle APEX developer?
Oracle Application Express, also known as APEX, is a software development environment used to build complex web applications and is ideal for those organizations looking to create interactive, web-based applications to run on their website. Because of the web-based nature of APEX, it’s easy for companies to organize and implement a project team of developers and programmers from across the country or globe to build complex web applications.
How do you hire an Oracle APEX developer?
You can source Oracle APEX freelance talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an Oracle APEX developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Oracle APEX developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Oracle APEX developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an Oracle APEX developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Oracle APEX developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Oracle APEX developer services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an Oracle APEX developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Oracle APEX developer job post titles:
- Oracle APEX expert needed to build web applications
- Looking for someone adept at programming in the Oracle software development environment
- Help our team create mock-ups using pre-built themes with Oracle APEX
An effective Oracle APEX developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From building web applications to creating databases, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, environments, or requirements, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Oracle APEX developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Oracle APEX developer job responsibilities:
- Interpret requirements in order to design and code web applications
- Use APEX knowledge to support company IT programs
- Develop and maintain new VDH web applications and all other tasks as assigned
Oracle APEX developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an Oracle APEX developer. Here are some examples:
- Minimum five years experience working with advanced ORACLE SQL and PL/SQL
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Bachelor’s degree in data science or equivalent