What is an ASP.NET developer?
ASP.NET developers use Microsoft’s ASP.NET object-oriented, server-side framework to create software, websites, web applications, and APIs. ASP.NET is written in C# and VB.NET and requires a good amount of knowledge and expertise to work within.
How do you hire an ASP.NET developer?
You can source ASP.NET developer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an ASP.NET developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview ASP.NET developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of ASP.NET developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an ASP.NET developer
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire an.
How do you write an ASP.NET developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample ASP.NET developers job post titles:
- Full-stack ASP.NET developer needed for ecommerce website
- Seeking ASP.NET developer for Core MVC projects
- Looking for an ASP.NET developer for back-end development
An effective ASP.NET developers job post should include:
- Scope of work: From APIs to mobile apps, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or coding languages, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
ASP.NET developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of ASP.NET developers job responsibilities:
- Develop enterprise-level software
- Create responsive mobile websites and applications, and native mobile apps
- Improve functionality of web APIs
ASP.NET developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in ASP.NET developers. Here are some examples:
- Extensive experience with back-end development
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Familiarity with tools like Visual Studio, Visual Basic, AJAX, and/or Entity Framework