WordPress Theme Development Plan
The following plan is drafted from the limited information seen by going through the Real Estate WordPress theme’s HTML template over a video conference. A more accurate plan can be drafted when I have access to the files
DEVELOPMENT ASPECTS OVERVIEW
Theme will consist of the following custom post types. - Properties
- Partners (For the carousel)
WordPress custom Meta boxes (https://metabox.io/) are recommended for custom property post types to let the user enter property information like gallery, features, address on Google Map etc.
WP Customizer Theme Options
Theme options will be integrated in the WP Customizer.
Unyson Page Builder will be used for page building options.
Each component will be a separate template part. We will distribute the view/components into template parts so that it is easier to manage
On a custom blank page, Template Parts will be accessed via shortcodes so that later they can integrated with the page builder.
DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE/PHASES
- Carry out theme development page by page.
- Each page will be divided into sections. Like slider, featured properties, carousel etc.
- Development of each page will be carried out section by section.
- When developing a section, development of above mentioned aspects will be carried out
simultaneously. For example, development aspects considered for the home page partners carousel will be: WP Customizer options for styling, Custom post type for uploading partners etc.
- The sections will be chosen to be made shortcode compatible.
- Unyson framework will be integrated to present a drag/drop interface for the shortcodes.