We are looking for a data scientist to join our team. We have two major projects: one focus on the intersection of psychology and finance, and the other on the hard sciences. We are looking for someone we can work with long-term anywhere between 15 and 30 hours a week.
There are three requirements for this job:
1. You must know both R and Python reasonably well.
2. You must be a logical, structured, organized thinker, and a good problem solver.
3. You must have decent written English.
You do NOT necessarily need to have any experience in finance, psychology, or any science applications.
In addition, the ideal person would have have significant experience with...:
1. Large datasets (100GB+) [LARGE]
2. Web scraping / data extraction [SCRAPE]
3. Parallelization of code [PARALLEL]
4. Bayesian Prediction/Stats [BAYES]
5. Deep Learning / Machine Learning [LEARNING]
6. NoSQL Databases / ElasticSearch [NoSQL]
7. PHP [PHP]
To Apply, please ensure that the first line of your cover letter includes the tags above that apply to you (a 'tag' is the thing in brackets above). For example, if you had experience with web scraping and bayesian prediction, your first like would be
And then would continue.
Please also tell tell me a bit about:
1. The hardest problem you needed to solve with Python
2. The hardest problem you needed solve with R
3. Your experience with any of the tagged skills.
I look forward to hearing from you!