We are looking for a developer to help us create a new cryptocurrency based on ethereum, code-named Cloud. The first milestone is to spec out which software needs to be written, based mainly on forks of the repos at https://github.com/ethereum . The first milestone will be to deliver a set of specs for the different repos; the payment for the first milestone is $200. The total payment for the subsequent milestones is estimated to be $2,000 but it’s negotiable based on the difficulty of the tasks.
Cloud will mainly differ from Ethereum in the following ways:
1. The protocol will include a some privileged, built-in Dapps. Ordinary Dapps will still be allowed, but will be precluded from using the privileged namespaces used by these privileged apps. These privileged apps will perform the following functions:
A. Request Dapp: Allows users to request a contract assignment by entering basic info (name, email address, images of certain documents, etc), encrypted using the public key of the Contract Authority (a real world, central authority established by the protocol developers that reviews and new requests).
B. Verification Dapp: Allows users to the Contract Authority to review the personal info of the new member and approve or deny requests.
C. Sub-currency Dapps: A set of Dapps for managing sub-currencies, each of which is roughly similar to the example at https://www.ethereum.org/token. The names of these Sub-currency Dapps will be end in “.currency” (eg, foo.currency, bar.currency, etc).
2. The block reward consists of two parts:
A. Miner reward: A fixed amount goes to the miner who solves the block calculation.
B. Additional reward: An additional fixed amount goes to each newly approved requester as well as certain associated parties. There is a cap on the total amount of the additional reward.
3. As with any altcoin fork, other parameters in the codebase will also have to be changed, such as the genesis block, currency symbol, etc. See https://github.com/expanse-project/go-expanse for an example of this. Selected features implemented in the Expanse fork of ethereum may also be included; we would want some advice from you as to costs and benefits of those features.
The ultimate deliverables for the subsequent milestones will most likely include items such as:
- Source code repos for a miner, a wallet AND any others that are necessary for launch.
- Appropriate working executables for Linux, Mac and Windows associated with each repo.
- Build scripts using Buildbot and configuration of a build status system similar to https://builds.ethereum.org/waterfall
Our goal is to create all the software and tools needed for an announcement that allows miners to mine and trade Cloud. Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173722.0 for an example of what we are aiming at. For a concrete list of the repos we may need to build, please see the repos under https://github.com/expanse-project?tab=repositories . Note that we may not need all of these repos; for example, maybe we don’t need the equivalent of cpp-ethereum/cpp-expanse initially. We would want your advice on which we will need for a complete launch.
You should have the following skills:
- Experience forking alt coins, building genesis blocks, etc. (MOST IMPORTANT SKILL)
- Knowledge of ethereum.
- Experience using Git.
- Ability to voice chat from time to time when discussions get very complicated (But based on past experience with projects like this, most of the communication will be via text chat and email).
-Ability to complete the first milestone as well as implement all (or almost all) of the subsequent milestones.
MOST IMPORTANT: In the first sentence of your response, please describe in 5 to 50 words your experience working with cryptocurrency code bases such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.