I work at a self-paced, Python data science bootcamp. We are looking to expand our mentor capacity. Students go through pre-recorded lectures, assignments and complete projects. Depending on their desired pace, they select a track. The 12 month track has 1 mentor meeting a week, the 6 month track has 2 a week, and the 3 month track has 4 per week.
You may have heard of Springboard (https://www.springboard.com/workshops/data-science-intensive/). We are similar to them, but we have a thorough 500-800 hour curriculum meant for already highly technical people to transition careers. A comparable company in the web development space is Bloc.io (https://www.bloc.io/web-developer-career-track).
Compensation: $50 per hour
- Video chat with students on a weekly basis via Skype or Google Hangouts
- Help with any questions that may arise
- Lead the job support prep (review resume, cover letter, github, linkedin, mock phone screens and practice technical interviews)
- You can start off with 1 student, but easily take on more depending on your schedule
- We will have a community slack channel with 2 full-time TA's if students have questions in-between mentor meetings
- Each 45-min meeting will be paid as an hour to encompass any prep, follow-up or emailed questions in between