I require a web application that does the following:
- users log into the website (note: this will require an admin page where I can add/remove users)
- user can "drag and drop" CSV files onto the page
- some basic validation of the CSV files is done
- CSV files are inserted into a relational database (note: this could be done using custom code or SQL Server Integration services. The CSV files will contain special characters that must be parsed).
- app should be built in PHP or ASP.net and the database will ideally be SQL Server (I am open to others DB technologies but prefer SQL Server)
- the app should work on W3C standards (Chrome, Mozilla, etc) as well as Internet Explorer
There will be 6 different types of CSV files the user can drag and drop into the webpage. Each CSV file has a pre-defined name and set of fields (there are between 4 and 13 fields in each CSV file). The CSV files exactly match the schemata of the relational database (this will be part of the validation stage - if the CSV file's name or columns do not match what is in the database, it should not be inserted).
In the future, I will want to add other tables to the relational database and so new CSV files will need to be added. Please keep in mind that the solution design should be able to incorporate these changes in the future.
Although I have set a fixed price budget for the project, I am open to reviewing it for the right candidate.