What is augmented reality?
Augmented reality (AR) is a computer technology that involves superimposing computer-generated graphics over a user’s view of the real world. From developing custom social media filters to building interactive AR-powered video games, AR developers are here to help.
How do you hire augmented reality developers?
You can source AR talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in AR developers.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview AR developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of AR developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an AR developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced AR developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their AR development services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by AR developers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $17 per hour
- Intermediate: $42 per hour
- Advanced: $199 per hour
How do you write an AR developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample augmented reality developer job post titles:
- Augmented reality specialist needed for a mobile app (iOS/Android)
- Building an AR app with Unity
- Need an AR developer to build models for an AR shopping app
An effective AR job post should include:
- Scope of work: From AR advertisements to AR games, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, developer tools, or AR technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Augmented reality developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of AR developer job responsibilities: