What is an Ionic Framework developer?
Ionic is a complete, open-source software development kit (SDK), or hybrid mobile app development framework, built with Apache Cordova and AngularJS that allows for rapid prototyping and building of mobile apps that work on both iOS and Android. An Ionic Framework developer can use web technologies such as HTML5, CSS, and Sass to build cross-platform mobile apps that take advantage of all the functionality offered by native mobile SDKs, tailor apps for iOS or Android, and deploy them through Cordova.
How do you hire an Ionic Framework developer?
You can source Ionic Framework developer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an Ionic Framework developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Ionic Framework developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Ionic Framework developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an Ionic Framework developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Ionic Framework developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Ionic Framework developer services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by Ionic Framework developers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $15 per hour
- Intermediate: $33 per hour
- Advanced: $100 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an Ionic Framework developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Ionic Framework developer job post titles:
- Need Ionic Framework developer to help develop iOS and Android apps
- Ionic Framework expert needed to help in Azure cloud services project
An effective Ionic Framework developer job post should include:
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, app development, or environments, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ionic Framework developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Ionic Framework developer job responsibilities:
- Work closely with business and technical teams to understand project requirements
- Develop and deploy hybrid mobile application using Ionic Framework
- Oversee Azure cloud services and DevOps
Ionic Framework developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an Ionic Framework developer. Here are some examples:
- Hands-on Ionic Framework experience in version 3 to 5
- Minimum three years experience in Angular
- Excellent understanding and resolution of cross browser compatibility issues