How to hire AMP developers
Slow load times remain one of the biggest obstacles to SEO and higher user engagement on mobile websites. If you want to ensure your web pages load instantly on mobile, an AMP developer can help.
So how do you hire AMP developers? What follows are some tips for finding top AMP developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist AMP development professionals
As you’re browsing available AMP development consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want an AMP developer who understands the type of mobile web app you are trying to build.
- Project experience. From ad landing pages to ecommerce sites, look for experience building the type of mobile web app you wish to create.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular AMP developer.
How to write an effective AMP development job post
With a clear picture of your ideal AMP developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective AMP development job post should include:
- Scope of work: From individual UI components to progressive web apps (PWAs), list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain web technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to reap the benefits of a fast-loading mobile website? Log in and post your AMP development job on Upwork today.
AMP DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is AMP?
Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project is an open-source web component framework. Web pages built with AMP components boast fast load times, smooth UI/UX, and consistent cross-platform performance.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in AMP development professionals:
- Google AMP
- Web design and development
- Technology-stack-specific expertise
Why hire AMP developers?
The trick to finding top AMP developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create a mobile port of your existing WordPress site? Or are you trying to build a PWA to serve content to your subscribers? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an AMP developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced AMP developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their AMP development services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.