What is MongoDB?
How do you hire a MongoDB developer?
You can source MongoDB talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in MongoDB developers.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview MongoDB developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of MongoDB developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a MongoDB developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced MongoDB developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their MongoDB development services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by MongoDB developers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $20 per hour
- Intermediate: $36 per hour
- Advanced: $120 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a MongoDB developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample MongoDB developer job post titles:
- Back-end developer needed for a MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js) project
- Seeking a MongoDB developer experienced with React Redux
- Full-stack developer with Flutter and MongoDB experience
An effective MongoDB job post should include:
- Scope of work: From database management to RESTful APIs, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, web technologies, or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
MongoDB developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of MongoDB job responsibilities:
- Configuration and management of MongoDB deployments on premises and in the cloud
- Design, development, and implementation of data architectures
- Assist IT operations with virtualization, DevOps automation, and big data analytics pipelines
MongoDB developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in MongoDB developers. Here are some examples:
- Database management
- Big data analytics (e.g., Spark, Hadoop)
- DevOps automation (e.g., Ansible, Puppet)
- Virtualization (e.g., VMware, Kubernetes)
- Cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)