HOW TO HIRE LINK BUILDERS
When it comes to ranking higher in search engines, links are currency. Link builders can help you get the links you need to boost your internet search rankings.
So how do you hire link builders? What follows are some tips for finding top link builders on Upwork.
What is link building?
Link building is the process of getting other websites to link back to your own. Links from highly credible sites are one of the signals used by major search engines such as Google to rank your website in search results for certain keywords.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in link building freelancers:
- Link building
- SEO (search engine optimization)
- Keyword research
- Link building tools (e.g., Ahrefs, Guest Post Tracker, Moz Link Explorer)
How to shortlist link building freelancers
As you’re browsing available link building consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. It’s always a plus if a link builder already understands your industry because they will be able to quickly identify relevant keywords to use as anchor text.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., writing SEO guest posts that can be submitted to high-page-rank sites in your niche).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular link builder.
Why do you want to hire link builders?
The trick to finding top link builders is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find a freelancer to track the performance of guest posts with BuzzStream? Will your link builder also be tasked with writing the guest posts? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective link building job post
With a clear picture of your ideal link builder in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective link building job post should include:
- Scope of work: From keyword research to guest posting, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or SEO tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to take your link building campaign to the next level? Log in and post your link building job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING LINK BUILDERS
How much does it cost to hire a link builder?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced link builder may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their link building more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a link builder to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long it takes to climb search rankings, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding link building campaigns. For example, scoring a single SEO backlink on a high-page-rank site will typically take less time than launching a large-scale link building campaign that must be managed with Ahrefs.
What are the steps involved to hire link builders?
Here’s how to hire link building consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s writing SEO articles or building relationships with successful blogs in your niche.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., submitting two guest posts a month).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential link builders for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., SEO writing for the real estate industry).
- Interview link building talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project. Here are some sample interview questions.