What is a podcast freelancer?
Start with the definition and keep it short (1-2 sentences) introducing skill and what they do.
How do you hire a podcast freelancer?
You can source podcast freelancer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a podcast freelancer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview podcast freelancers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of podcast freelancer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a podcast freelancer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced podcast freelancer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their podcast freelance services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a podcasting freelancer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample podcasting freelancer job post titles:
- Need help setting up my podcast for my business
- Podcast expert needed to set up syndication to iTunes and SoundCloud
- Looking for engaging professional to co-host business podcast
An effective podcasting freelancer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From speaking clearly to establishing platform syndication, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, formats, or audience types, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Podcasting freelancer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of podcasting freelancer job responsibilities:
- Determine topics and guests to interview for podcasting series
- Record and submit each audio file for syndication via iTunes and SoundCloud
- Produce intro and outro for podcast series by sourcing appropriate music and voice over
Podcasting freelancer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in podcasting freelancer. Here are some examples:
- Experience securing guests for podcast series featuring business leaders
- Track record syndicating podcast series across different syndication platforms
- Ability to integrate podcast series with entire marketing mix, including blog, video and eBooks