* 26 years experience in IT (overlapping):
- software development - 16 years (Python - 12 years)
- management - 8 years
- QA - 8 years
- system administration - 5 years
* 5000+ hours worked at Upwork
* Top Rated Plus and Expert-Vetted with 100% Job Success Score
* Outstanding client feedback
* Fluent English
* Designing scalable system architecture with maintainability in mind
* Refactoring prototypes into production quality implementations
* Setting up and improving the development process
* Software development team management
* API implementation: REST API (with Django, Flask or Falcon), GraphQL API, Non-HTTP API (WAMP over WebSockets, ZeroRPC over ZeroMQ, Kafka consumer/producer interface), RPC API (HTTP/JSON-RPC, HTTP/SOAP)
* Database engineering: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis
* Performance optimization: databases, algorithms, Python C extensions, Cython, PyPy, Numba
* Data processing: Pandas, NumPy, JSON, CSV, XML, YAML, MessagePack
Recent experience (for full list, please request a resume):
Suno Software Inc., Team Leader / Senior Python Developer, Jul 2022 – Mar 2023
- Developed audioloigy clinics business process automation SaaS
- Python 3.10, Django, Django REST framework, PostgreSQL, Twilio, Tilled, AWS (CDK), Pydantic, Docker, docker-compose, Sentry, git, pyenv, Poetry, pytest, flake8, mypy, yapf, HTTP, JSON, yaml, PyCharm, Linux (Ubuntu)
thenewboston, thenewboston.com, Team Leader / Senior Python Developer, Feb 2021 – Mar 2023
- Developed distributed proof of stake blockchain based cryptocurrency – TNBC. Developed distributed communication backend.
- Python 3.9, Django, Django REST framework, Django Channels, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Djongo, Pydantic, Docker, docker-compose, Sentry, git, pyenv, Poetry, pytest, flake8, mypy, yapf, shell scripts, HTTP, WebSockets, MessagePack, JSON, PyCharm, Linux (Ubuntu)
Lehner Investments, lehnerinvestments.com, Senior Python Developer, Aug 2020 – Apr 2022 (1 year 8 months)
- Developed microservice architecture (9 microservices) mutual fund trading system backend
- Python 3.9, Django, Django REST framework, nameko, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, pandas, numpy, sendgrid, Docker, docker-compose, Sentry, git, pyenv, Poetry, pytest, flake8, mypy, yapf, Black, HTTP, WebSockets, socket.io, JSON, PyCharm, Linux (Ubuntu)
Medical Device Risks, Senior Python Developer, Aug 2020 – now (5 months)
- Developed a REST API backend for medical device risks management single page application
- Python 3.8, Django, Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, Full-text search, Heroku, AWS S3, sendgrid, Docker, Sentry, git, pyenv, Poetry, pytest, flake8, isort, yapf, HTTP, JSON, PyCharm, Linux (Ubuntu)
Dolphin, Inc., Senior Python Developer, Feb 2019 – now (1 year 11 months)
- Developed a REST API backend for iOS job search and recommendation application
Packy (network monitoring), Senior Python Developer, Jun 2017 – Aug 2019 (2 years 2 months)
- Implemented 3 backend components (REST API server, WAMP/WebSockets API server, monitoring agent) of distributed network monitoring system
...and more: see Upwork profile
Regular job experience:
Jun 2015 – Aug 2016 (1 year 2 months), Platform T (seed funded by SAPRUN), Software System Architect and Python Team Leader
- Designed the system architecture for an Uber-like taxi business automation system (3 Mobile, Desktop and Web user interfaces, 4 HTTP REST APIs, 2 Frameworks - Django REST Framework and Crossbar/Autobahn/Twisted, horizontally scalable)
- Established the software development process from scratch based on agile practices.
- Hired back-end development team.
- Performed team leader role of a distributed team (Moscow, Saint-Petersburg, Keiv) of Python back-end developers.
- Developed and refactored back-end part of the system.
- Participated in the project management to fill the gaps of project manager's skills on managing an agile startup project.
- Linux, PostgreSQL, SQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, uWSGI, nginx, Asterisk
- HTTP, WAMP over WebSockets, SIP, JSON, HTML, CSS
- git, PyCharm, Jira, Jenkins, Ansible, unittests, Behave
- Crossbar, Autobahn, Twisted, Tornado