How to hire wxWidgets developers
Need a GUI (graphical user interface) for your desktop application? A wxWidgets developer can help you set up a platform-agnostic GUI for your app.
So how do you hire wxWidgets developers? What follows are some tips for finding top wxWidgets developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist wxWidgets consultants
As you’re browsing available wxWidgets consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology. You want a wxWidgets developer who is experienced with the server-side languages and technologies that make up your technology stack.
- C++ expertise. wxWidgets can be used with a variety of languages, but if you require full control over its class libraries C++ expertise is a plus.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular wxWidgets developer.
How to write an effective wxWidgets job post
With a clear picture of your ideal wxWidgets developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would with employment, aim to provide enough detail for an independent contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective wxWidgets developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From dialog boxes to custom forms, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to give your desktop application a functional GUI that achieves a cross-platform native look and feel? Log in and post your wxWidgets job on Upwork today.
wxWIDGETS SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is wxWidgets?
wxWidgets is a class library written in C++ that allows you to create platform-agnostic GUIs for your programs. wxWidgets uses the native GUI of the platform it’s installed on to provide a native look and feel for your application’s dialogs and panels.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in wxWidgets professionals::
- Software development/engineering
- C++, Python, or Perl
- Platform-specific application development experience (e.g. Mac OS)
Why hire wxWidgets developers?
The trick to finding top wxWidgets developers is to identify your needs. Do you need help using generic widgets to setup dialogs and panels for your desktop app? Or do you also require C++ expertise to write your own custom wxWidgets?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a wxWidget professional?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced wxWidget developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their wxWidget services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.