Product Filter Project Description
I acquired an online sporting goods store using the BigCommerce Platform. I was under the impression that “Product Filtering” was built into my BigC plan. I have since been told otherwise. The only way I can have this feature added to my site (by them) is to upgrade to the Enterprise plan. This is not an option for me because the Enterprise plan is WAY over my budget and includes many more features that I will never use. BUT, Bigcommerce told me that until the feature is offered to the lesser plans, I recommended I hire a 3rd party developer to create the feature for us using instructions they have provided. We are using a premium BigCommerce template that is allows the product filtering feature.
• When a filter is selected it should change the content and update the new filters based on the previously selected.
• The scripts that are created should not be tied onto one specific template. This filtering system should be able to be used on any template.
• It is understandable that some minor changes to the html will probably be needed based on the templates but in general the filter should be global per say.
Our most tedious category by far is the Ammunition Category.
We are able to search by manufacturer, caliber, grain, etc., but not beyond that. For instance, if you do a search for 9mm, you will get everything from 9mm ammo to 9mm magazines to 9mm holsters. You need to be able to filter out 9mm magazines and holsters and just see 9mm ammo and then continue with other filter options such as manufacturer, grain, type, in stock, price, etc, until you find what you are looking for. So, as stated above, when a filter is selected it should change the content and update the new filters based on the previously selected.
• Have in depth knowledge of the category/search features and capabilities of the BigCommerce Platform.
• Customize Filters for all Category and Search pages.
• Creating a sidebar filtering system for catalog items:
Display a filter sidebar or topbar (without compromising the look and feel of the theme) based upon the content that is displayed: Either by search keyword(s) or by the Category selected.
The filters should be customizable blocks (panels, snippets, etc):
Category, Brand (Manufacturer), In Stock/ Out of Stock, Price, etc.
See our site: http://www.huntersemporium.com/shooting/
Instructions from Bigcommerce: