I need someone to take an existing Business Plan Template (which is in Word) and make it more user friendly, functional, and easy to update. I have a current version of the business plan which already includes all of the content, the financial statements, and that is branded and designed the way I would like it to look. However I am having a lot of functionality issues and need it to be much more user friendly. Plus I am having issues pasting Excel objects in, which has never been an issue for me before. The broad list of items that need to be fined tuned include but are not limited to:
- branding and insertion of images/logos (which I have)
- inserting branded header/footer (I can show you an example of how this should look)
- Cover Page (I have an existing design)
- Table of Contents that is well formatted and easy to change/update as the document evolves (I have an existing one that probably doesn't work too great)
- Main business plan text (I have written all of this, just need to fine tune some of the formatting)
- Divider pages between each section of the main text (I have a design/example of this but it doesn't work well)
- Inserting specific brand standards for font and colors (I can give you all of this)
- NOTE - Insertion of Financial Statements from Excel - must be able to "copy/paste special" Excel Objects (financial information, graphs,etc...), which generally is a very simple basic functionality in Word/Excel. I have done this many times in my life, but for some reason the existing template that we have is not doing this properly. It's strange. This is actually the primary thing that we need to get fixed on our current business plan, but we would also like to spend the time to do all the items I noted above and make the document more functional for the future.
This document will go through many revisions over the coming months and needs to be easy to work with. It would also preferably contain some type of quick link formatting where I can easily jump around to various sections of the document. I've seen this done in Word documents before.
I would like to do a GoToMeeting or similar screenshare with potential candidates to walk through my current document, show some of the issues I'm having, and walk through the to-dos. I feel that this is something where if a person is versed in things of this nature (business plan creation, or perhaps even screenplays or novels written in Word), that a lot of this could be pretty simple for an expert, which would be good.
I would like to be done by 2nd week of October, if not much sooner. If this can be done in a couple day window of time that would be great as I would really like to start finalizing and getting this ready to show to people. I still have some work to do on the content but I want to get a lot of these functionality concerns taken care of before I continue my text editing.