I'm Looking For:
- Your work schedule somewhat or mostly overlaps mine so we can communicate (9am-9pm Eastern.)
- You commit to a loose schedule and deliver precise time reports.
- Have strong written and verbal English.
- Are able to video-conference, we will do this a lot.
- Strong PHP and Web Framework understanding and experience.
- You get annoyed when people don't follow the coding standard for the project.
- Your eye for design is nice, and you how to make life easy for designers.
- Have a strong understanding of version control, branching, merging, and pull requests.
- Are aware of security, common web attacks, using SSH and public/private keys.
- Understand the fundamental principles of designing scalable applications.
- Know how to set up Nginx or Apache and run code in your development environment.
- You know your way around a UNIX shell, at least basics.
- Can write SQL queries, including JOINs.
- Are excited to start working, closing bugs, and making progress.
What You Can Expect:
- Coaching when you need it.
- Variation in work, fresh projects, and new challenges.
- Bug Tracking and Trello for task assignment.
- Nothing happens without Git.
- Strict coding standards (yes, your pull request really got denied for one missing space.)
- Repeatable bug reports.
- Clear requirements and standards.
- Apply here.
- Sell me. Tell me about yourself and your experience.
- If selected we will schedule a video-call interview.
- I hope to make a decision and have you on my team by next week, before October 28th.