How to hire Articulate Storyline specialists
Eager to create your own eLearning course? If you’re looking for a freelance instructional designer to help you author a course, consider an Articulate Storyline specialist.
So how do you hire Articulate Storyline specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Articulate Storyline consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Articulate Storyline professionals
As you’re browsing available Articulate Storyline consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want an Articulate Storyline specialist who understands your industry so they can create a course that will resonate with your target audience.
- Project experience. Try to access past courses a candidate has worked on to give you insights into their skills and experience.
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Articulate Storyline specialist.
How to write an effective Articulate Storyline job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Articulate Storyline specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Articulate Storyline job post should include:
- Scope of work: From animations to slide interactions, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build your own online course or eLearning platform? Log in and post your Articulate Storyline job on Upwork today.
ARTICULATE STORYLINE SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Articulate Storyline?
Articulate Storyline is an eLearning authoring program that gives instructional designers the tools they need to create slides, software demos, quizzes, and other features found in online courses.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Articulate Storyline professionals:
- Articulate Storyline
- Instructional design
- eLearning development
- Graphic design, animation, video/audio editing
- Writing and editing
Why hire Articulate Storyline specialists?
The trick to finding top Articulate Storyline specialists is to identify your needs. You know you need an online course, but do you also want to create some animations to make your content unique and engaging? Will you be incorporating any new technologies, such as VR, AR, and 360° video? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an Articulate Storyline specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Articulate Storyline specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Articulate Storyline services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.