How to hire economics specialists
Need a specialist who can collect and analyze economic data, monitor trends, and develop forecasts? An economics specialist can help.
So how do you hire an economics specialist? What follows are some tips for finding top economics consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist economics professionals
As you’re browsing available economics consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles using criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want an economics specialist who understands the nuances of your industry so they can provide relevant insights.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., charting economic data with Microsoft Excel).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular economics professional.
How to write an effective economics job post
With a clear picture of your ideal economics specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective economics job post should include:
- Scope of work: From economic models to business forecasts, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to research the economy for insights that can be applied in your business? Log in and post your economics job on Upwork today.
ECONOMICS SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is economics?
Economics is the study of how society produces, distributes, and consumes goods and services. Economists can collect and analyze data from a variety of industries to help businesses make better decisions.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in an economics consultant:
- Financial modeling
- Economic forecasting
- Market research
- Data analytics
Why hire economics specialists?
The trick to finding top economics specialists is to identify your needs. Are you looking for a professional with solid Microsoft Office skills to create economic reports and presentations? Or do you also require advanced data analytics skills such as statistical modeling and linear programming? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an economics specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced economics specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their economics services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.