ARROW INVESTMENT ADVISORS Washington, D.C.
Registered investment advisor to four mutual funds, ASFNX, DWANX, DWTNX, and MFTNX, and four ETFs, GYLD, DWAT, QVM, and ARCM.
Apr 17 – Present Analyst
• Developed 24 VBA programs to automate frequent data collection and analysis processes, leading to improved time efficiency of 98% with no errors.
BROADSOFT Washington, D.C.
[NASDAQ: BSFT] Enterprise unified communications software and cloud services vendor.
Jul 16 – Dec 16 Strategy Analyst
• Reported directly to the CEO, providing competitive intelligence, industry and company specific research, and strategic and tactical initiatives.
• Performed ad-hoc research on behalf of the Investor Relations department to address analyst and investor questions regarding BSFT’s guidance, competitive positioning, and product development.
• Built two operating models to forecast top-line growth and market penetration of MSFT’s (Office 365/Skype for Business) and CSCO’s (HCS) unified communications businesses.
PARKER & LYNCH Richmond, VA
Finance and accounting consultancy that deploys specialists to client sites for short-term engagements.
Apr 16 – Jul 16 Consultant (contract)
• Supported CEO and CFO of TerraForge, a real estate development firm, with cash flow model builds and specialized Excel work.
• Created VBA code to merge disparate operating models into a consolidated form.
• Built a cash flow waterfall from aforementioned operating models for 2 property developments, Wynwood and Greenwich Walk, to better present consolidated cash flows and resulting IRR to equity financier, Rialto Capital Management.
BB&T CAPITAL MARKETS Richmond, VA
Middle-market investment bank, formerly consisting of transaction, equity research, and trading practices with mid-atlantic and northeastern presence.
Jul 15 – Nov 15 Equity Research Associate Analyst
• Supported the Food/Agribusiness Senior Analyst and Managing Director (MD) in the coverage of the following 9 companies: ANDE, DAR, DF, GPRE, HRL, INGR, MKC, SXT, and TSN. Initiated coverage on GPRE and HRL.
• Performed ad hoc research at the request of the Senior Analyst and MD; e.g., identified takeout candidates for INGR, MKC, and SXT, determined potential resultant earnings accretion/dilution, and prepared a note justifying each candidate.
• Tracked and analyzed data to inform models; e.g., recorded whole bird pricing, chicken feed ingredient prices, and chicken part prices three times a week to determine quarterly margin for TSN’s packaged chicken segment. Updated models on press releases, 10-Qs, 10-Ks, and 8-Ks. Built out three-statement operating models from scratch for HRL and GPRE.
• Monitored the market for relevant news and promptly distributed emails internally and to clients representing the group’s outlook.
• Conducted broader industry analysis; e.g., forecasted future fuel ethanol supply and demand based on government mandates.
• Contributed to the authoring of 2 initiation reports, 2 industry notes, 3 quick take notes, and 4 earnings update notes.
• Summarized 38 earnings call transcripts for peer companies to extract relevant market, industry, and company specific commentary.
LAKE UNION CAPITAL MANAGEMENT Seattle, WA
Long-short hedge fund with $90M in AUM.
Jan 13 – Dec 13 Equity Analyst Intern
• Supported an analyst with ad hoc equity and industry research, relative valuations, and database maintenance.
• Built a three-statement operating model from scratch for NQ. Updated models upon company filings with SEC.
• Compiled data from SEC filings, earnings calls, sell-side research, and proprietary data providers to support senior analyst’s analyses.
• Contributed to the analyst’s uncovering of mispriced equities in the tech sector, leading to profitable trades in NQ, returning 31.5% over an 88-day period.
• Covered 11 IPOs, reporting deal structure, comparable analyses, and industry growth profiles to support the analyst’s valuation analyses.
EDUCATION VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY Nashville, TN
OWEN GRADUATE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
Master of Science in Finance, June 2015
• GPA: 3.5, Merit-based scholarship
• Training the Street Financial Modeling & Valuation Courses; Investment Banking Club
• Coursework: Financial Modeling, Econometrics (Eviews, Time Series Modeling), Financial Reporting, Corporate Valuation, Mergers and Acquisitions, Advanced Derivative Securities Analysis, Financial Statement Analysis, Financial Data Analysis (SAS Coding)
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON Seattle, WA
FOSTER SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
Bachelor of Business Administration, June 2014
• Major: Finance
• Major GPA: 3.6, Dean’s List, SAT: 2160 (780M, 700R, 680W), SAT Subject Test Math Level II: 780
ACTIVITIES D.A. DAVIDSON CO. & WASHINGTON INVESTMENT CLUB Seattle, WA
Jul 12 – Sept 13 Investment Analyst