How to hire top market researchers
Today’s marketing campaigns are more data-driven than ever before. It takes a great deal of market research for a business to thrive in an ever-evolving economy. If you are looking for a freelancer who can collect data about your target market, a market researcher can help.
So how do you hire market researchers? What follows is a crash course on how you can find top market research talent on Upwork.
What is market research?
Market research covers all the tasks involved in gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data about a target market. From competitor analysis to audience segmentation, market researchers help businesses make informed decisions.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in a freelance market researcher:
- Market research and analysis
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organization skills
- Market research tools such as the Keyword Planner and Survey Monkey
The market researcher can help collect and analyze the data you need to inform your marketing campaign.
How to shortlist market research consultants
As you’re browsing available market research freelancers, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Marketing fit. You want a market researcher who is familiar with collecting data for your specific marketing channels.
- Professionalism. You’re going to have to work with them, so you should make sure they are capable of working in a professional setting.
- Feedback. Scour reviews from past clients for red flags or glowing testimonials that can tip you off to the quality of market research you’ll receive.
Identify your market research needs
The trick to finding top market researchers is to identify your needs. Are you looking for someone to conduct surveys with your target market? Or do you need someone to gather and analyze the marketing data from your social media campaigns? Your scope of work will have a direct impact on the cost of your project.
How to write an effective market research job post
With a clear picture of your ideal market researcher in hand, it’s time to write that job post. Provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the job.
An effective marketing automation job post should include:
- Scope of work: From conducting surveys to collecting data from your digital assets and social media accounts, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a quick project or you’ll need repeat help.
- Background: Translate your marketing research needs into a candidate profile. If you prefer experience working with certain software or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to eliminate the repetitive minutiae of running a marketing campaign through the power of automation? Log in and post your market research job on Upwork today.