What is Google Data Studio Freelancers?
Google Data Studio is a reporting solution offering solutions beyond the regular data and dashboards offered by Google Analytics. A Google Data Studio specialist can help clients optimize a number of reporting options and interactive controls using data from Google products, database connectors and file upload sources.
How do you hire a Google Data Studio freelancer?
You can source Google Data Studio freelancer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Google Data Studio freelancer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Google Data Studio freelancers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Google Data Studio freelancer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Google Data Studio freelancer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Google Data Studio freelancer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Google Data Studio freelancer services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by Google Data Studio freelancers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $30 per hour
- Intermediate: $57 per hour
- Advanced: $130 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Google Data Studio freelancer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Google Data Studio freelancer job post titles:
- Need help with Google Analytics dashboard creation
- Google Data Studio expert needed to help our company combine marketing data from several sources
- Google Data Studio specialist needed for Google Ads project
An effective Google Data Studio freelancer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From building custom reports to analyzing diagnostic information, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or projects, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Google Data Studio freelancer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Google Data Studio freelancer job responsibilities:
- Create dashboards from SEO and marketing project analysis
- Determine specific data sources to pull data from
- Establish data governance for all marketing campaign results reporting
Google Data Studio freelancer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in Google Data Studio freelancer. Here are some examples:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Minimum four years experience leading data management and data governance initiatives
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of reporting goals