How to hire Google Docs experts
From office memos to manuscripts to articles, there’s no denying the convenience of working with a cloud-based word processor. Whether you’re seeking a writer, an editor, or an office assistant, Google Docs expertise can make working with a contractor a lot easier.
So how do you hire Google Docs experts? What follows are some tips for finding top Google Docs experts on Upwork.
How to shortlist Google Docs professionals
As you’re browsing available Google Docs consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Professional fit. You want a Google Docs expert who is proficient in the skill or domain you need help with (e.g., SEO writing).
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., creating tables in Google Sheets and embedding them in Google Docs).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Google Docs expert.
How to write an effective Google Docs job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Google Docs expert in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Google Docs job post should include:
- Scope of work: From writing content to publishing docs to the web, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to unlock the full potential of Google Docs? Log in and post your Google Docs job on Upwork today.
GOOGLE DOCS EXPERTS FAQ
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is Google’s cloud-based word processor. The platform works seamlessly with other Google Drive products such as Google Slides for presentations and Google Sheets for spreadsheets.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Google Docs consultants:
- Google Docs
- Contractor-specific expertise (e.g., content writer, virtual assistant, editor)
- Familiarity with other Google office tools (e.g., Google Drawings)
Why hire Google Docs experts?
The trick to finding top Google Docs experts is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find a blogger who can draft posts in Google Docs for easy sharing with a remote editor? Or are you seeking a web developer who can create an embeddable HTML version of a doc to publish to your blog? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Google Docs expert?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Google Docs expert may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Google Docs services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.