How to hire Google Shopping specialists
Would you like to get product listings from your online store to appear in the “Popular Products” section at the top of Google search results? A Google Shopping specialist can help.
So how do you hire Google Shopping specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Google Shopping specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist Google Shopping professionals
As you’re browsing available Google Shopping consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Google Shopping specialist who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using the Google Shopping app for Spotify to automate your product feed).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Google Shopping specialist.
How to write an effective Google Shopping job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Google Shopping specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Google Shopping job post should include:
- Scope of work: From running Google Shopping ads to performing SEO on your website, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, tools, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to get your product listings to appear at the top of Google search results? Log in and post your Google Shopping job on Upwork today.
GOOGLE SHOPPING SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping is a comparison shopping engine (CSE) that allows consumers to search, shop, and compare physical products from different retailers. A Google Shopping specialist knows how to optimize your Google Merchant product feed, website, and Google Ads campaigns to encourage its algorithm to highlight your product as a thumbnail.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Google Shopping consultants:
- Google Shopping
- Google Merchant account
- Google Ads
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Product listing writing
Why hire Google Shopping specialists?
The trick to finding top Google Shopping specialists is to identify your needs. Are you looking for someone to help you set up basic Google Shopping for your online store? Do you also need someone with strong SEO skills to help you perform keyword research and optimize your product listings? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Google Shopping specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Google Shopping specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver better results.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Google Shopping services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.