How to hire Google Tag Manager specialists
Is the front end of your app starting to look a little bloated from all those third-party analytics tags? A Google Tag Manager specialist can help you eliminate client-side clutter while giving your marketers a simple and efficient way to manage all your tags.
So how do you hire Google Tag Manager specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Google Tag Manager specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist Google Tag Manager professionals
As you’re browsing available Google Tag Manager consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Analytics fit. You want a Google Tag Manager specialist who understands the type of information you wish to monitor on your website.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., experience tracking Google Ads conversions).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Google Tag Manager specialist.
How to write an effective Google Tag Manager job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Google Tag Manager specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a professional to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Google Tag Manager job post should include:
- Scope of work: From organizing your analytics tags to implementing A/B testing, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to take your tracking and analytics to the next level? Log in and post your Google Tag Manager job on Upwork today.
GOOGLE TAG MANAGER SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system that wraps all your analytics tags into a single container that can be invoked in your web page with a single tag. It also gives marketers a single interface for achieving granular control over what can be measured on a web page.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Google Tag Manager consultants:
- Google Tag Manager
- Marketing analytics
- Web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
Why hire Google Tag Manager specialists?
The trick to finding top Google Tag Manager specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to have someone migrate all your existing tags into Google Tag Manager? Will they need API development expertise to help you programmatically pull relevant information from all your marketing channels and site elements? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Google Tag Manager specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Google Tag Manager may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Google Tag Manager services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.