How to hire Canva designers
Content marketers must churn out many types of content in order to help their organizations remain competitive in the digital marketplace. Canva makes it easier to whip up visually engaging content on the fly by offering a library of templates and typography selections for social media posts, ebooks, and other formats.
So how do you hire Canva designers? What follows are some tips for finding top Canva designers on Upwork.
What is Canva?
Canva is a simple photo/content editor with a library of content templates covering everything from Instagram stories to magazine covers. The tool also has an extensive library of fonts. A Canva expert can quickly create content and modify it for multiple marketing channels.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Canva consultants:
- Graphic design
- Digital marketing (especially content marketing)
- Social media marketing
How to shortlist Canva professionals
As you’re browsing available Canva consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Canva designer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., designing a logo with Adobe Illustrator before using it in Canva).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Canva designer.
How to write an effective Canva job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Canva designer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Canva job post should include:
- Scope of work: From Facebook stories to photo collages, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to streamline your content marketing efforts with Canva? Log in and post your Canva job on Upwork today.
CANVA DESIGNERS FAQ
Why hire Canva designers?
The trick to finding top Canva designers is to identify your needs. Will they be using Canva to design content to be published on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and other social media accounts? Will they be drafting a mock-up of a magazine with Canva and need to know more-robust desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign to complete the project? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Canva designer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Canva designer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Canva services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.