How to hire flyer designers
In an era dominated by digital advertising, a well-designed flyer can be an effective way to cut through the noise as a physical, localized tool for promotion. A flyer designer can help you promote everything from yoga classes to concerts.
So how do you hire flyer designers? What follows are some tips for finding top flyer designers on Upwork.
How to shortlist flyer design professionals
As you’re browsing available flyer design consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a flyer designer who understands your industry so they can design flyers that will reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., creating leaflets with GIMP).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular flyer designer.
How to write an effective flyer design job post
With a clear picture of your ideal flyer designer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective flyer design job post should include:
- Scope of work: From leaflets to brochures, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or design tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to promote your business or event with flyers? Log in and post your flyer design job on Upwork today.
FLYER DESIGNERS FAQ
What is a flyer?
Inexpensive, disposable, and easy to distribute, flyers are one of the oldest forms of advertisements. From single-sided leaflets to folded multipage brochures, flyers can be a cost-effective way to promote events and businesses in a local area.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in flyer design consultants:
- Graphic design (especially print layout design)
- Print advertising
- Desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign
- Basic graphic design tools (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva)
Why hire flyer designers?
The trick to finding top flyer designers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create flyers to promote a concert or a public-speaking event? Or is your goal to print a high-quality brochure complete with property photos to advertise your real-estate firm during an open house? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a flyer designer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced flyer designer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their flyer design services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.