What is Minecraft?
Minecraft has sold tens of millions of copies across multiple gaming platforms, and a skilled individual who’s well versed in the platform can be a very valuable asset for your specific gaming project. Minecraft freelancers include writers capable of crafting articles about the game and its environment, developers who build game modifications to enhance gameplay, and experts who can set up your Minecraft server.
How do you hire a Minecraft freelancer?
You can source Minecraft freelancers on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Minecraft freelancer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Minecraft freelancers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Minecraft freelancer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Minecraft freelancer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Minecraft freelancer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Minecraft freelancer services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Minecraft freelancer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Minecraft freelancer job post titles:
- Need a Minecraft developer to build game plug-ins for our specific project
- Minecraft expert needed to help build different environments and identify goals
- Strategic thinker needed to help successfully navigate various Minecraft modes
An effective Minecraft freelancer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From creating modifications to developing custom maps, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, modifications, or scenarios, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Minecraft freelancer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Minecraft freelancer job responsibilities:
- Build tutoring environment using Minecraft
- Identify and download user-created content to enhance Minecraft environments
- Create one hour of video for Minecraft platform
Minecraft freelancer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a Minecraft freelancer. Here are some examples:
- Experience building Minecraft environments for educational purposes
- Ability to build a Minecraft server
- At least 2 years building Minecraft server configurations