What is NinjaTrader freelancer?
A US-based software company providing a trading platform with advanced research tools, NinjaTrader is suited for experienced traders who deal in futures and options on futures, with the exception of those accounts that are connected to an external brokerage account. A NinjaTrader freelancer can help their clients navigate the site, offering assistance for tasks such as charting, market analysis, and live trading.
How do you hire a NinjaTrader freelancer?
You can source NinjaTrader freelancer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a NinjaTrader freelancer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview NinjaTrader freelancers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of NinjaTrader freelancer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a NinjaTrader freelancer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced NinjaTrader freelancer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their NinjaTrader freelancing services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by NinjaTrader freelancers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $15 per hour
- Intermediate: $46 per hour
- Advanced: $140 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a NinjaTrader freelancer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample [Skill] job post titles:
- Need help with my NinjaTrader strategy
- Looking for NinjaTrader expert to help me set up and manage my account
- NinjaTrader freelancer wanted for beginning investor
An effective NinjaTrader freelancer job post should include:
- Scope of work: from handling live trades to conducting market analysis, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain volumes, brokerage accounts, or experience levels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
NinjaTrader freelancer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of NinjaTrader freelancer job responsibilities:
- Teach beginning traders how to navigate and trade on the NinjaTrader platform
- Write trading strategies for multiple investors
- Program an automated buying and selling strategy for use on NinjaTrader
NinjaTrader freelancer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a NinjaTrader freelancer. Here are some examples:
- Minimum three years programming and trading experience on NinjaTrader platform
- Track record of teaching beginning traders how to use the NinjaTrader platform
- Experience connecting NinjaTrader to an external brokerage account