I am a thorough, detailed, engaged, thoughtful, and conscientious researcher, writer, and editor. I have a PhD in Clinical Psychology from UCLA and a BA from UC Berkeley and 25+ years of experience in research/evaluation, project management, and writing/editing within non-profit, for-profit, and academic environments.
Rigorous and Responsible Researcher
I will carry out all of your research needs with accuracy, efficiency, and elegance: web research, study design, survey development, data collection, qual and quant analyses, etc. I hold a PhD in Clinical Psychology from UCLA and a BA from UC Berkeley and 20+ years of experience in research design, management, and implementation within non-profit, for-profit, and academic environments (including Director of Research and Evaluation for a large healthcare company and Associate VP of a Market Research company).
Professional Writer and Editor
I have a strong background writing and editing a wide variety of copy, including academic publications, research reports, grant proposals, business plans, marketing materials, websites, blogs, articles, white papers, professional communications, and presentations. I particularly excel at taking large amounts of information and streamlining into sleek synopses that highlight key points and important takeaways. I pay close attention to the needs and voices of all of my clients and am able to create strong, clear, and persuasive written content, regardless of the topic.
I’ve worked in many types of environments including academic, healthcare, non profits, market research, public health, government, software, small biz/start up, and large corporate (as well as food service, dry cleaning, pharmacy, delivery person, personal assistant, etc). I’ve consulted for a bunch of academic institutions and for-profit and non-profit organizations, including the National Park Service, the National Park Foundation, UC Berkeley, Stanford University and Hospital, UCSF, UCLA, the Neuropsychiatric Institute at UCLA, and the Pediatric Pain Program at the UCLA Hospital. I love big ideas and providing the structure around them to ensure their realization. I’m also a big fan of using the amazing technologies and networks that we have to connect ourselves and help support each other in enriching (and fun!) ways.
• Strong knowledge of research methodologies and QA processes as well as ability to design, manage, and evaluate studies
• Excellent writing, editing, copywriting, and presenting abilities (co-author of 14 publications and 17 conference presentations; strong background in editing proposals, business plans, reports, manuscripts, books)
• Extensive experience in client development, project/data management, statistical analysis, and assessment/evaluation
• Exceptional ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and achieve goals in fast-paced, high pressure situations
• High level of organization, attention to detail, and accuracy
• Outstanding communication/interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with all organizational levels
• Thoughtful focus on customer service and responsiveness