How to hire vBulletin developers
Eager to build and manage your own online community? A vBulletin developer can help you set up an online forum where users can create accounts, share content, and start discussion threads.
So how do you hire vBulletin developers? What follows are some tips for finding top vBulletin developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist vBulletin professionals
As you’re browsing available vBulletin consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the independent professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a vBulletin developer who understands your technology stack and can troubleshoot any problems that might occur.
- Front-end design. If your goal is to implement a unique look and feel for your forums, you’ll want a vBulletin developer with strong front-end design skills.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular vBulletin developer.
How to write an effective vBulletin job post
With a clear picture of your ideal vBulletin developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for an independent professional to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective vBulletin job post should include:
- Scope of work: From setting up a forum to creating custom visuals, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience working with certain technologies or software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build your own online community forum? Log in and post your vBulletin job on Upwork today.
VBULLETIN SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is vBulletin?
vBulletin is a proprietary software package for setting up and running an internet forum on your website. The platform is written in PHP and requires a MySQL database to run.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in vBulletin freelancers:
- Experience integrating vBulletin with your preferred web technology (e.g., WordPress)
- Network administration
- Database management with SQL and MySQL database
Why hire vBulletin developers?
The trick to finding top vBulletin developers is to identify your needs. Are you looking for a vBulletin developer who can create a forum for your existing WordPress site? Or do you need someone who can perform routine network administration duties for your internet forum?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a vBulletin developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced vBulletin developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A consultant who is still in the process of building a client base may price their vBulletin services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.