What is a WooCommerce developer?
A WooCommerce developer monetizes WordPress sites using the WooCommerce tool. WooCommerce is an open-source plug-in that allows you to simply and elegantly implement e-commerce solutions directly into your WordPress site and sell products online in a highly -customizable way.
How do you hire a WooCommerce developer?
You can source WooCommerce developers on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a WooCommerce developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview WooCommerce developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of WooCommerce developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a WooCommerce developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire a WooCommerce developer.
How do you write a WooCommerce developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample WooCommerce developer job post titles:
- Need a WooCommerce developer to fix coding errors and improve gift card function
- WooCommerce developer needed for ongoing maintenance using LearnDash
- Seeking WooCommerce developer for a brand-new online business
An effective WooCommerce developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From adding functionality to long-term site management, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or visual design practices, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
WooCommerce developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of WooCommerce developer job responsibilities:
- Create complete and navigable e-commerce functionality for websites
- Manage WooCommerce tools and services
- Identify and correct coding and design errors
- Train team members for long-term upkeep and management of the online store
WooCommerce developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a WooCommerce developer. Here are some examples:
- Extensive familiarity with WordPress and the WooCommerce plug-in
- Background in professional and responsive web design
- Experience in e-commerce business consulting