What is an E-commerce Consultant?
An E-commerce consultant is a computer- and web-savvy professional capable of maximizing business commerce. E-commerce consultants are available to work with you to identify ideal products, services, gateway payment solutions, and promotions designed to optimize your E-commerce endeavors.
How do you hire E-commerce consultants?
You can source E-commerce consultant talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an E-commerce consultant.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview E-commerce consultants. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of E-commerce consultants you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an E-commerce consultant?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced E-commerce consultant may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their E-commerce consultant services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an E-commerce consultant job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample E-commerce consultant job post titles:
- Need E-commerce consultant to help me maximize sales for my Shopify store
- Help me drive traffic and sales to my doggy treats web store
- Need E-commerce pro to help me decide the best payment gateway for my online store
An effective E-commerce consultant job post should include:
- Scope of work: From product descriptions to social media promotions, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or platforms, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
E-commerce consultants job responsibilities
Here are some examples of E-commerce consultant job responsibilities:
- Set up WooCommerce configuration on our company’s website
- Help maximize traffic to our site using all social media platforms
- Help target and segment customers for our industrial design service
E-commerce consultants job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an E-commerce consultant. Here are some examples:
- At least 5 years experience setting up E-commerce websites
- Familiarity with developing various product mixes for online stores
- Ability to create product descriptions that will increase online sales