Looking for a DevOps Engineer who may currently be supporting other clients who can be highly available when we have issues with our current AWS environment. Secondly, can also work on projects to improve our infrastructure.
1. Infrastructure Dev - implement new projects such as autoscaling, or fix existing legacy components in our system (Jenkins). We have a Golang application running on Golang servers and to understand the code base in order to support it would be good. This would be on a per-project basis (~5-10h per project depending on scope, probably 1-3x a month) and not considered an emergency issue.
2. Emergency Support - in case our system has an issue/downtime to be able to give you a call and have you respond in a fairly quick manner (if you are available) to fix. (The occurrence of this is rare maybe once per 3mo.)
We may consider a monthly retainer fee which should cover some things for #1, but if needed, #2.
About our infrastructure:
- Majority IIS instances running Classic ASP
- Some Linux boxes running Python/Golang
- Some Lambda services
Type of Person We're Looking For:
Team player. Positive attitude. Seriously Motivated. Clear communicator. Simple and clean solutions. A friendly person who gets along with others. Adapts to change and constant learning (whatever AWS pushes out, we use!). Must be reliable.
- Expert knowledge in AWS and solid Cloud Infrastructure experience (Jenkins, Elastic Cache, RDS/Aurora, Lambda)
- Knowledge in Golang or willing to learn a big plus
- DBA experience a plus
- IIS/Microsoft Server experience a plus
- Enjoy working in new technologies
Other Stuff: Since this is highly secure environment, we'll need to do:
- Background Check (US citizens only)
Looking forward to working with you.