Six month Contract in Westlake, California (Los Angeles Area)
As a member of the Linux systems engineering team, you will design and implement the standards that define our enterprise Linux systems infrastructure. Working closely with application engineers, systems administrators, and operations staff, you’ll be tasked with deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting our ad delivery technology on a global scale. With your proven record of automation experience and customer responsiveness, you’ll be a critical part of a fast-moving, innovative team, providing support and expertise where needed. By leveraging visualization applications like Grafana and Graphite; load distribution tools like Netscalers, LVS, and Akamai; as well as configuration management frameworks like Puppet and Foreman; you will see your designs brought to life on thousands of Linux servers in data centers across the globe.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and modifying Puppet manifests for system and application configuration.
• Recent, hands-on Redhat Enterprise Linux or CentOS experience. CentOS7 preferred, CentOS6 at a minimum.
• 5-10 years experience in Linux based operating systems. Redhat/CentOS preferred.
• High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Create, adapt, and maintain system configurations using Puppet, and assist in migrating off legacy CFEngine tools.
• Participate in engineering, deploying, and maintaining new solutions and services for internal customers.
• Act as liaison for Systems Engineering to one or more internal company divisions.
• Provide after-hours support when required, and respond to outages, incidents, and alerts.
• Demonstrate expertise and leadership as local subject matter expert (SME) in one or more positions:
• Load balancing, geo-balancing, VIP configurations
• Internal, external, and globally-dynamic DNS
• Systems security through IDS/IPS, SeLinux, or other hardening tools
• Operating systems standards
• Hardware standards
• Authorization and authentication via LDAP, IPA, NIS, Winbind, sudo, etc.
• Metrics collection, graphing, and trending
• Patching and updates