Gradient Labs develops advanced applications using web technologies and iOS. All of these are backed by Amazon Web Services. Our engineering operation is getting more complex as various applications need to scale and we develop new applications. We seek a part-time senior engineer with significant DevOps experience, excellent architectural and documentation skills (we would like to review sample system architecture diagrams), and demonstrated skill designing and implementing scalable AWS-backed services.
- Continuous testing and deployment for complex clustered apps
- Proficiency with docker and CoreOS/fleet/etcd
- Expert AWS knowledge
- Experience with high load/scale and troubleshooting outages and erratic server behaviours
- Deep grasp of Linux, especially Debian-based distros (we use Ubuntu containers)
- Excellent knowledge of shell scripting
- Understanding of git fundamentals and working knowledge of using feature branches and GitHub
- Administration and customization of a wide range of services, such as Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Postgres, StriderCD, Logstash/Kibana, Nginx, Redis, etc.
- Understanding of system security best-practices
- Passion for automation
- Excellent English communication (chat, not necessarily verbal -- our team works closely together on Slack)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent documentation skills
Good to have:
- Basic knowledge of these languages/frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Swift, Cucumber/Gherkin
- Experience with iOS tooling and application lifecycle
* Must have relevant past experience history and positive reviews. Providing us with a link to a GitHub account with samples of your past work would be ideal.
* Ability to be reasonably available during US business hours, and sometimes during off hours for server maintenance.
* You'll be starting work immediately, working from existing documentation, and have access for a short period of time to the current DevOps engineer to get questions answered.
If you feel you'd be a good fit, please apply.