I have a WordPress Plugin that needs to be turned into a Joomla plugin very quickly.
The functionality is trivial. All the plugin does is write something to the HTTP that a 3rd party software will read.
I actually wanted to do it myself, but have never built a Joomla Plugin before and get hung up on very simple tasks.
If you have experience building Joomla plugins, this will be very easy for you.
All the plugin needs to do is:
- the user can enter both a single number (integer, this is the default number) and an array of numbers (a very small array of 2 - 5 integers) in the plugin interface
- the user will now see the array of numbers as an extraField option on content pages
- when a page is loaded a number will be sent to the HTTPHEADER
- if the user did not specify a number form the extraFields, the default number will be sent
- otherwise the default number will be sent
- special case: if the user puts a range of numbers (say 2, 8, 15) and chooses one (say 15), but then goes back and changes the initial array (say 4, 12, 13), the user will be notified, upon saving the content page anew, that 15 is not part of the array anymore.
I also have a WordPress version on the plugin that you can have a look at (it's a single file with 450 lines in WordPress, using Joomla reduces this even further because the input fields and language settings will be handled by the xml file).
That's it. I'd need really fast turnaround and will give you more specific documentation if I chose to hire you.
Feel free to ask any questions you might have.