What is an AutoCAD Drafters?
With the increase of computer processing power in recent years, computer-aided design has become the preferred method of drafting schematics for architectural, engineering and manufacturing projects. AutoCAD specialists can create renderings for virtually any client project quickly and with accurate detail.
How do you hire an AutoCAD Drafters?
You can source AutoCAD specialist talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an AutoCAD specialist.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview AutoCAD specialists. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of AutoCAD specialist you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an AutoCAD specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced AutoCAD specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their AutoCAD specialist services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by AutoCAD specialists on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $16 per hour
- Intermediate: $28 per hour
- Advanced: $77 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an AutoCAD Drafter job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample AutoCAD specialist job post titles:
- Need AutoCAD specialist to create renderings for new home design from sketches
- AutoCAD expert with electrical engineering experience needed for construction project
- Looking for mechanical designer with AutoCAD experience to design new machine parts
An effective AutoCAD specialist job post should include:
- Scope of work: From conceptualizing skills to detailed rendering capability, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, styles or a certain level of detail, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
AutoCAD drafter job responsibilities
Here are some examples of AutoCAD specialist job responsibilities:
- Create clean, professional drafts that contains detail when viewed from every angle
- Understand and identify mechanical limitations during the design process
- Convert 2D drawings to 3D renderings
AutoCAD drafter job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an AutoCAD specialist. Here are some examples:
- Experience with all tools within the software suite as well as industry protocols required in any final draft
- Portfolio of modern residential architectural renderings
- Ability to take initial concepts and transform into detailed AutoCAD drawings