How to hire corporate brand identity specialists
From updating your company blog to coordinating your efforts across multiple social media outlets, building a cohesive corporate identity is hard work. If you want to’re looking for a professional who can ensure your brand messaging remains consistent across all your marketing channels, a corporate brand identity specialist can help.
So how do you hire corporate brand identity specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top corporate brand identity specialists on Upwork. We also offer branding services, if you're interested.
How to shortlist corporate brand identity professionals
As you’re browsing available corporate brand identity consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a corporate brand identity specialist who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Teamwork. A corporate brand identity specialist needs to be an effective communicator who can keep different departments aligned.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular corporate brand identity specialist.
How to write an effective corporate brand identity job post
With a clear picture of your ideal corporate brand identity specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective corporate brand identity job post should include:
- Scope of work: From creative briefs to style guides, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to consolidate your marketing efforts into one cohesive corporate brand identity? Log in and post your corporate brand identity job on Upwork today.
CORPORATE BRAND IDENTITY SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is a corporate brand identity?
Your corporate brand identity is the public’s perception of your company’s entire brand, including all its products and services. A corporate brand identity specialist can help you build your brand.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in corporate brand identity consultants:
- Corporate brand identity
- Communication (e.g., visual presentation, persuasive writing)
- Collaborative tools such as style guides and creative briefs
- Public relations (PR)
- Market research and analysis
Why hire corporate brand identity specialists?
The trick to finding top corporate brand identity specialists is to identify your needs. Are you looking for someone to help you develop a corporate brand identity from scratch or revitalize an old brand? Will they require any specific marketing tools such as HubSpot to coordinate your social media posts and monitor user engagement? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a corporate brand identity specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced corporate brand identity specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their corporate brand identity services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.