How to hire WordPress theme designers
WordPress has plenty of free and premium themes you can use to set up a professional-looking website without coding or design skills. But if you want a website with a unique look and feel, a WordPress theme designer can help.
So how do you hire WordPress theme designers? What follows are some tips for finding top WordPress theme designers on Upwork.
How to shortlist WordPress theme design professionals
As you’re browsing available WordPress theme design consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a WordPress theme designer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., building a WordPress theme from scratch with Themosis).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular WordPress theme designer.
How to write an effective WordPress theme design job post
With a clear picture of your ideal WordPress theme designer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective WordPress theme design job post should include:
- Scope of work: From theme installations to custom theme designs, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain web technologies or design tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to bring your custom WordPress project to life? Log in and post your WordPress theme design job on Upwork today.
WORDPRESS THEME DESIGNERS FAQ
What is a WordPress theme?
WordPress is an open-source content management system (CMS) designed to make it easier for people to set up a website without web development skills. A WordPress theme is a prebuilt web design template you can use to style your WordPress site.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in WordPress theme design professionals:
- WordPress design ecosystem (e.g., themes, plugins)
- UI/UX design
- Graphic design
Why hire WordPress theme designers?
The trick to finding top WordPress theme designers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find a designer to help you customize an existing premium WordPress theme? Or do you need help building a custom WordPress theme from scratch? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a WordPress theme designer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced WordPress theme designer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their WordPress theme design services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.