Provide GIS mapping and analysis to support counternarcotics efforts in Afghanistan.
Support the analysis of the scope and effectiveness of counternarcotics efforts across Afghanistan between 2002 and 2015 focusing on the Nangarhar, Helmand, and Kandahar provinces as major areas of poppy cultivation by:
- Mapping 2009-2015 USAID Afghan Info projects, 2002-2008 USAID GeoBase projects, Good Performers Initiative (GPI) projects, Commander’s Emergency Response Program (CERP) projects, eradication efforts, and security infrastructure;
- Measuring the average distance between projects and other areas/places of interest, to include provincial centers; and
- Examining a subset of projects to determine through imagery analysis potential effects of interventions on poppy cultivation.
- 192 maps (PDF and GIS file types), including plotting GPS points of projects and infrastructure at the provincial level;
- 8 spreadsheets (Excel), including calculations related to distances of projects and infrastructure to areas of poppy cultivation, security installations, and provincial and district centers; and
- 435 images (PDF, PowerPoint, and image file types), including site case studies analyzing the changes in poppy cultivation before and after project or activity implementation.
Work can be done by an individual or a team.
U.S. Public Trust Position.
Place of Performance is CONUS.
Period of Performance is 2 months.
Budget is more that the $50K maximum selectable for this posting.