I have an suite of online courses that teach Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Product Management, & Technology:
I have around 60,000 students and I'm expanding my operations. In the next couple weeks, I'm launching a blog, new courses, and a modest handful of mini-sites (hurray).
I need someone to help with the hiring management for my new roles. I'm in the process of bringing on researchers, course writers, editors, blog contributors, illustrators, animation artists, & content promotion specialists. I already work with and maintain a group of video editors, activity makers, publicists, a researcher, UI designer, 2 web developers, and others. I need to bring sanity to this process so that I don't get overwhelmed.
I'm looking for someone that has an eye for talent and has experience working with a variety of roles. Experience with startups, online courses, and education curriculum development are big pluses. If you have a penchant for organization and management that's great (I am terrible at it)
You don't need formal experience in any of this, honestly. I'm just looking for someone sharp who likes working in a startup environment and can wear different hats depending on what's needed.
Here are the tasks we'll work on immediately:
- Managing a list of applicants and shortlisting them based on a list of criteria
- Maintaining and updating a roster document of all the hirees, interviews, & people we've spoken to
- Tracking and following the progress of applicants through the vetting process; making sure they finish it and have their questions answered promptly
Once we have the basics down we'll start expanding into other tasks:
- Re-organizing and re-designing the vetting process
- Finding criteria that indicate good applicants, listing them, and re-incorporating them into future postings and vetting documents
- Collaborating on requirements for new positions
- Maintaining & checking in on tasks given to new hires (basic PM) and overall management of certain processes
- Directly reaching out to designers, writers, etc that fit our immediate needs and meet our criteria.
The hours will be as needed, which I think will average to about 10 hours a week at first. Opportunities will definitely open up for you to do more, if interested. We creating guides & humorous mini sites so there are project management roles there as well as opportunities to collaborate and contribute.