We want to show users how much money they can save by going solar by showing them dynamically changing graphs based on simple inputs. Ideally you can find an existing plug-in or widget that does what we want without very much or any custom coding and you can simply integrate that into our wordpress site. If not then that’s okay too.
We will provide a wireframe for design and a spreadsheet for calculator logic.
Here are the specifics of what needs to happen:
The Front End:
- Visitors to our website move sliders around as inputs, and two bar graphs automatically respond.
- Response is automatic: no calculate button. For example see see: https://www.dinkytown.net/java/Retire401k.html
- For how ours should look, see the attached wireframe.
- The calculator is responsive: it works on all mobile devices and auto-resizes on the desktop as someone resizes their browser.
The “Back” End, which is still a front end:
- Integrates into wordpress.
- We use the Avada Theme and already have a child theme.
- We can modify the underlying equations without too much coding.
- This could be because you have found an existing plug-in, or the equations are stored in the Custom CSS section, or the functions.php document, or something else that is simple for us to modify and will survive any theme and wordpress updates.
- We can change the appearance of the components – chart colors, line widths, slider colors, etc. – with CSS.
- If you cannot find an existing plugin – Calculated Fields Form looks great except that it cannot output graphs so far as we can tell, and wpTables doesn’t allow slider inputs so far as we know – then ideally there is an existing widget that you can integrate into wordpress.
- For example, JQWidgets might work, as could potentially Highcharts.
- Needs to not significantly reduce load time of our website.
When you apply please answer all of the following questions:
- How will you implement this? Is it a plug-in? A widget? If so which one (or ones)?
- Whether you are building from scratch or not, how can we update the calculator after you are finished?
- What if we want to change the governing equations leading from the inputs to the outputs?
- What if we want to change the CSS?
- About how long will this take you? (Accurate estimates will receive a bonus).
- When can you start?
- Have you built a dynamic calculator before? If so please send us a link to the website!
We are more concerned with quality, responsiveness, and the long-term ability to keep the calculator up-to-date than we are with speed.
We look forward to working with you and thank you!