We are looking for a PHP developer who is talented and writes code that is clean. The job requires the writing of beautiful, fast PHP to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our products in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of the ongoing website development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
Please include an excerpt of code that you have written. You will be asked questions about the code you provide.
Special consideration will be given to those applicants who would be willing to do a paid test that could be approximately 60 minutes. If the applicants choose to test they would be hired on a single project bases depending on hourly pay requirements.
The test can be found here: https://github.com/chrismcgahan/problems/tree/master/csv-to-array
• Write “clean”, well designed code
• Produce detailed specifications
• Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
• Follow industry best practices
• Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
• Examples of past work or the completion of initial paid test to determine skills
• Understanding of open source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, osCommerce, etc
• Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
• Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
• Regular communication and updates