The website developer installs, edits, and maintains various websites. He or she has strong computer skills, some graphic arts skills, the ability to work independently, and a strong desire to provide a high level of customer service.
This is a part-time position to start, with 10-20 hours estimated work. A strong worker will have the opportunity to gain additional hours and a potential full-time position. A strong worker will also have the opportunity to learn more about customizing website code and functionality.
NOTE: this position requires that the candidate be able to meet by skype video call, and discuss work details in English.
1. Perform maintenance and updates to existing websites.
2. Transfer website content and images from existing client sites to Joomla or other CMS applications.
3. Perform quality assurance testing for websites using tools such as Browserstack and W3C Validator to check cross-browser compatibility and HTML code validity.
4. Convert PSD to responsive HTML using Bootstrap and CSS3.
1. Ability to meet by skype video call, and discuss work details verbally in English. Chat sessions are not acceptable.
2. Some experience in CMS administration, Joomla and WordPress are preferred.
3. Have strong skills in HTML,CSS and Bootstrap.
5. Basic Knowledge of PHP.
6. Attention to detail, customer-service orientation, and creativity in problem solving.
7. Ability to work independently, under the direction of a remotely located supervisor.
Additional Desirable Skills (not required)
* Ability to convert HTML design templates to Joomla and other CMS templates.
* Some graphic arts skills with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and similar programs, with formal training an asset.
* Superior knowledge of current web-design trends and techniques.