Common Areas, a real estate collaboration, and workflow software company, is looking for a part-time, talented software tester to join their team. As a Quality Assurance Specialist you will join a dynamic technology team and have the opportunity to serve in a critical role to assist in testing our responsive web application and supporting initiatives. The candidate must be adept at creative problem solving, detail oriented, with strong communication skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Someone that can work closely with our development team to ensure our web application has been vetted and is ready for public use. As an integral member of the team, you will collaborate and coordinate with other internal and external software development resources. This person will be responsible for executing an end-to-end test plan in multiple browsers, screen sizes, and platforms to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders
- Creative solving of technical problems – to ensure the ability translate technical requirements test plans
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the defects and bugs quickly
- Ability to think abstract – to ensure ability to not conform to the norm. Norms do not find bugs quickly
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify fixes accordingly.
- Write test plans and test cases communicating bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of requirements.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Maintain and update a smoke test library.
- Experience in Quality Management Software and Processes.
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software solution being tested.
- Experience creating clear, concise test cases.
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
- Business process understanding.
- Cross-platform experience (PC, Mac) as well as all major browser experience (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Firefox) on desktop and mobile.
- Experience using and/or developing automated testing designs or test scripts (using automation software like QuickTest Professional, Rational Functional Tester, SilkTest and VisualStudio Test Professional).
- Experience with performance/load testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience testing multi-tenant web applications/products.