Build a website based on suggested design and functionality we supply to you.
The website will serve as a fully functional, simple e-commerce site that we will use with a small customer base (less than 50 people) for the launch of our start-up.
If you need more information before committing to your price, I’m happy to provide it.
General Scope of Work
1. The site will match families with babysitters and will be similar in functionality to www.sittercity.com and www.care.com but with a few key differences.
This site will be MUCH simpler and will only serve one city.
2. The site will have roughly 15 – 20 pages to start, including 3 “sign-up” forms and a payment checkout page for parents who want to become members and contact a sitter.
3. Families and sitters will input basic information into a form. This will allow families to post jobs, and it will allow sitters to create a profile page. (Again, similar in functionality to www.sittercity.com and www.care.com, but much simpler.)
4. Families will be able to search for sitters closest to them based on the addresses entered on a form. Clicking on the page will allow the family to see the individual profile page for the sitter.
5. At launch, sitters won’t be able to search for jobs closest to them based on the addresses entered on page. However, this functionality will need to be built with this initial job because we’ll launch that functionality soon after initial launch. When the page is live, clicking on the job will allow the sitter to see the family’s profile as well as the job.
6. At launch, sitters WILL be set up to receive an e-mail notification any time a new job is posted.
7. We will also need a mechanism to track donations made by us and families. One element of the checkout process will allow families to “pay it forward” for charity, and we’ll match whatever they give.
8. We will also need a mechanism to track a prize for our sitters. Each time they take a job that is verified by a parent, they increase their chances of winning a cash prize. Each time they refer a friend to the site (referral counts when we approve the new profile of referred person), they also increase their chances of winning and we add another $5 to the prize total.
9. We will also need a mechanism to allow parents to refer other parents. They will win something when they refer other parents.
10. We will need two almost identical versions of the homepage. One will be the main home page leading out to the rest of the site. The other will be a Nashville-specific home page leading out to the rest of the site minus the general homepage.
11. We also need a relatively robust admin back end and database that will allow us to easily see and record how customers are interacting with the site.