What is a Facebook marketer?
A Facebook marketer is adept at using the social media platform to implement creative marketing campaigns by using written content, videos, advertising and the power of family and friend connections. With experience in Internet marketing, creative entrepreneurship, social media advertising and copywriting, Facebook marketers have the expertise to maximize personal and professional networks for the purpose of building brand advocates.
How do you hire a Facebook marketer?
You can source Facebook marketing talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Facebook marketer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Facebook marketers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Facebook marketer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Facebook marketer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Facebook marketer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Facebook marketer services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by Facebook marketers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $12 per hour
- Intermediate: $62 per hour
- Advanced: $200 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Facebook marketer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Facebook marketer job post titles:
- Facebook advertising expert needed
- Facebook brand building expert
- Our team needs a social media marketing expert who specializes in Facebook
An effective Facebook marketer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From developing campaigns to engaging followers, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, products, or B2B vs consumer, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Facebook marketer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Facebook marketer job responsibilities:
- Successfully execute and manage paid advertising campaigns
- Develop lead generation strategies using several lead magnets
- Write and post Facebook updates designed to engage followers
Facebook marketer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a Facebook marketer. Here are some examples:
- Experience with multiple digital marketing platforms, including Facebook
- Ability to create eye catching ad content
- History of successfully engaging followers and other constituents on various social media platforms