What is an Internet marketer?
The role of an Internet marketer can include a variety of responsibilities, including content creation, SEO, lead generation, pay-per-click advertising and more. Upwork offers access to a wide range of Internet marketers available for all levels of expertise and budgets.
How do you hire an Internet marketer?
You can source Internet marketing talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an Internet marketer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Internet marketers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Internet marketer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an Internet marketer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Internet marketer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Internet marketing services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by Internet marketers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $9 per hour
- Intermediate: $33 per hour
- Advanced: $150 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an Internet marketer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Internet marketer job post titles:
- Need marketing expert to help me market my website
- Company looking for seasoned blogger to help enhance corporate brand online
- Looking for lead generation expert who can integrate newsletter registration with website
An effective Internet marketer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From generating leads to implementing an SEO strategy, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or initiatives, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Internet marketer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Internet marketer job responsibilities:
- Select best marketing automation solution to integrate into company website
- Develop Google Ads campaign for select keywords
- Develop and promote new blogs across multiple platforms, including social media and partner sites.
Internet marketer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an Internet marketer. Here are some examples:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing or Internet marketing
- Minimum five years leading a digital marketing team for Fortune 1000 company
- Successful track record implementing link building campaigns