How to hire Photon Unity developers
From setting simple peer-to-peer connections between iOS and Android users for mobile gaming to developing advanced matchmaking systems for competitive gaming, Photon Unity developers are here to help.
So how do you hire Photon Unity developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Photon Unity consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Photon Unity professionals
As you’re browsing available Photon Unity consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Game type. From first-person shooters to action role-playing games (RPGs), you want a Photon Unity developer who understands the networking requirements for your multiplayer gaming project.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., optimizing ranked matchmaking rooms for competitive gameplay).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Photon Unity developer.
How to write an effective Photon Unity job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Photon Unity developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Photon Unity job post should include:
- Scope of work: From matchmaking rooms to client-2-server architectures, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain game types, technologies, or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create a quality multiplayer gaming experience? Log in and post your Photon Unity job on Upwork today.
PHOTON UNITY DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Photon Unity?
Photon Unity Networking (PUN) is a Unity package for multiplayer networking in video games. PUN leverages a global network of dedicated cloud servers to ensure your users have a fast and reliable connection when playing online.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Photon Unity professionals:
- Photon Unity Networking
- Game development
- Platform-specific expertise (e.g., iOS, Android, console, PC)
Why hire Photon Unity developers?
The trick to finding top Photon Unity developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to optimize matchmaking for better competitive play based on gamer scores, ranking, and other parameters? Or do you need help optimizing real-time online gameplay for an open-world RPG? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Photon Unity developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Photon Unity developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Photon Unity services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.