Looking for a talented up and coming WordPress developer to work with on this project and many future projects.
This website is a fully featured responsive Wordpress eCommerce site that features around 9 different template designs (with slight variations.) All content on the site must be editable through the Wordpress dashboard interface.
The site may be built locally, but should be updated nightly on the development server, the code also must be committed to the git repository nightly. The custom post types, fields, theme options, and products should be completed first so content entry may begin.
A successful candidate will:
- have a complete profile
- have a portfolio of previous work
- be able to communicate in English often and effectively over Skype, Upwork, email
- log progress in Trello
- be available to work consistently on the project, most likely 30+ hours per week
- be able to create a WordPress site based on the documentation given
- be able to create a custom responsive WordPress theme
- make sure elements of the site should be adjustable and not hardcoded
- have a working knowledge of all things WordPress
- know HTML, CSS, SASS, jQuery, PHP and MySQL
- have access to Adobe InDesign. Design files are in InDesign, NOT Photoshop.
- be familiar with git, git best practices and FTP
- reply to this posting with the first word being “penguin”
- ask effective questions when needed
I will supply the successful candidate with:
- a visual sitemap
- desktop design PDF and InDesign files (with notes)
- mobile design PDF and InDesign files (with notes)
- build requirements
- a style guide
- milestones and dates
The project will consist of:
- creating a new custom WordPress theme for the site
- theme must be responsive and work on all modern devices and browsers
- Desktop: IE 8+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
- Mobile: Android Chrome, iOS Safari and Chrome
- a responsive site menu
- multiple pages and subpages
- page banners and banner slideshows
- a contact forms
- eCommerce store
- other basic WordPress elements based on the requirements and design files
The project is defined by the build requirements document. Beyond that, the project is further defined by the other documents that will be provided. Ie, the sitemap, the design files, and the style guide. The successful candidate will be able to deliver the finished site to the specifications defined by these documents
The project must adhere to current web standards.
The project timeline has these deadlines:
- February 20, 2016 - All post types and product types defined and ready for content entry
- February 27, 2016 - Menu system done, and implemented
- March 5, 2016 - All templates (layouts) implemented
- March 12, 2016 - Site complete, and ready for testing and quality assurance
- March 19, 2016 - Any changes, fixed found in testing and QA, resolved
- March 21, 2016 - Site ready for launch.
Please include the keyword of “penguin” at the start of your application so I can be sure you properly read through this information.
I have many more projects coming, so if you are interested in more work it’s important to put your best foot forward here.
DO NOT CALL, ONLY MESSAGE ON TEAMWORK!